If you are lucky enough to work in an office like ours, you know that coworkers can quickly become family. Whether you are cooking for your office family like we did, or other people close to your heart, these are some fun recipes you can add to the mix!
Jessie’s Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cans (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s& Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1/4 onion powder
- 28 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 container – French’s& Original Crispy Fried Onions, divided
How to Make Green Bean Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook your green beans separately. Then whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, milk and seasonings in a 13×9-inch baking dish. Fold in green beans and 1/3 of the Crispy Fried Onions.
- Bake 40 minutes or until hot. Stir.
- Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the onions are golden brown.
Grant’s College Friendsgiving Pizza
Serves: 8 people/1-2 rowdy undergrads
- 1 large pizza (any type and size that you’d prefer)
- 12-24 homemade pizza rolls (depending on group size)
- Pickle chips (like the burger ones)
- Additional sauce (BBO. Chipotle, dealers choice)
How to Make College Friendsgiving Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake pizza as the directions state on the box.
- Heat pizza rolls in the microwave, air byes’ or additional oven rack (whatever you’d prefer) when the pizza is in its last minute of cooking.
- Once the previous two ingredients are cooked, place pizza rolls on pizza.
Optional: Spread shredded cheese across pizza roll-pizza to firm pieces together.
- Spread pickle chips and desired sauce across the top of the pizza. This will allow you to experience the scorch of biting into a freshly made pizza roll while feeling the cool of your barbeque sauce and pickles that have been sitting in the fridge for god knows how long. This is a recipe to impress.
Kellan’s Cinnamon Fried Apples
- Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar •
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Corn flakes
How to Make Cinnamon Fried Apples:
- Slice Apples and throw in a skillet with butter.
- Mix until tender, applying lemon Juice occasionally.
- Throw brown sugar and white sugar in a skillet and mix.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Throwing in a serving dish with cornflakes.
Brady’s Sweet Potato Mush
First off. shoutout to Josiah for teaching me the baking part of this recipe. The sweet potatoes, olive oil and salt are all him. The butter, honey and mushing are all me.
!Warning! This recipe is not scientific and I barely know how to make food.
Serves: Idk, if you need more, make more.
- Sweet Potatoes (or yams or whatever, still don’t know the difference, the orange ones!)
- Olive Oil
How to Make Sweet Potato Mush:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut your potatoes (or whatever they are) into a shape that is easiest for you. doesn’t matter. We just need the thickness of the cuts to be about the thickness of your smartphone (can be a bit thicker than that).
- Put your potatoes in a large bowl. Then, douse them with olive oil and salt and mix everything together thoroughly so that all of the pieces are coated.
- Dump your potatoes onto a large pan and spread them out evenly. Make sure that the potatoes are not too layered on top of each other. If this is the case, just do multiple batches instead.
- Put in the oven and bake for 26 minutes.
- Take potatoes out of the oven and dump them into a large glass boil. Add butter and honey. In my household, there is no magic amount for this. If you want a tot, add a lot. if you don’t, don’t. Just know, a good amount of butter and honey will taste fantastic. Next, mush and stir it all together.
- Serve. enjoy and send your thank you’s to [email protected]
Tori’s Crock Pot Million Dollar Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, cut into cubes
- 32-ounce carton of chicken broth
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes (I used 8-ounces plain greek yogurt instead!)
- 1/4 cup milk or more, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Crock Pot Million Dollar Mashed Potatoes:
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1-Inch chunks.
- Place the cut potatoes into the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot.
- Dot the potatoes with 1 stick of cubed butter.
- Pour chicken broth on top of potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Potatoes are ready when fork tender.
- Carefully drain the excess broth from the cooked potatoes. Place back into the crock pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth (or leave a little lumpy if that is your preference). Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in remaining stick of cubed butter, cream cheese and milk. Mash together until combined. Add more milk if needed until it gets to the consistency you prefer.
- Cover and keep potatoes the potatoes on the warm setting until ready to serve.
Kim’s Carnitas (Pulled Pork)
- 2 lb pork shoulder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- BBQ Sauce (I used Stubb’s Smokey Brown Sugar 880 Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Adobo seasoning • 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- How to Make Carnitas
- Rinse and dry the pork shoulder.
- Combine the rub ingredients and rub them all over the pork.
- Place the pork in a crockpot (fat cap up). and top with the bay leaves, onion and garlic.
- Add 3 cups of water and slow cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 8 hours.
- Pork should be tender enough to shred.
- Remove from slow cooker and let cool slightly, then shred.
- Remove the juices from the crockpot and put the pork back, add 880 Sauce.
You can use this meat for different things, but my favorite way to eat it is with Tacos! Instead of using 880, place the shredded pork in a large non-stick pan with some of the juice. Walt until the juices evaporate and the bottom side is golden brown. Add it to your tacos with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Levi’s Mushroom Pot Pie
- 16 oz mushrooms (use whatever you like. I used portobello and porcini)
- 2 meCHUM carrots. diced
- 1 medium yellow onion. diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1/4 cups of stock (I used a mix of vegetable and mushroom broth) • 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp Hungarian sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
How to Make Mushroom Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If frozen, let your puff pastry defrost at room temperature for at least 45 minutes.
- Add olive oil and mushrooms to a large skillet. Saute* on medium-high heat until lots of the moisture is reduced from the mushrooms, 4-5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook until translucent. Then add carrots, peas and garlic. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, herbs and spices and stir throughout. Cook for an additional 20-45 seconds.
- Deglaze your pan with white wine. Make sure to scrape the bits stuck to the pan, as they have so much flavor!
- Add your stock of choice, and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, add your all-purpose flour, stir thoroughly and turn the heat up until the mixture starts to boil and thicken. Once thickened, immediately remove from heat.
- Add the mushroom filling to a baking sheet (or use your skillet if it’s oven friendly). Roll out your defrosted puff pastry on a flowered surface, then cover the filling with the sheet, making sure to crimp the edges. Poke holes in the puff pastry to release steam when baking, or you can cut out a cool design!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
Josiah’s Florence-Inspired Pasta Salad
This is an Italian twist on a greek pasta salad recipe, inspired by my time in Italy this past summer…wow this makes me sound so pretentious.
- 1-2 boxes of gluten-free red lentil pasta (twisty kind, also known as Fusill)
- 1 English cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers (the recipe called for a Persian cucumber but I don’t know what the H-E-double hockey sticks that is) (upon further Inspection I definitely used a Persian cucumber and didn’t even know it. Thanks. Target for culturing me].
- KaInmate olives, pitted (I didn’t measure, I just added till it looked right, probably about 3/4-1 cup)
- Fetta cheese (add until you are satisfied with the ratio)
- Old-pressed olive oil (the superior of the oils) (yeah, I’m looking at you canola oil, you worthless scum]
- Dried oregano seasoning
- Tony Chachere’s original seasoning (because Mythical Kitchen Chef Josh says it’s the best seasoning for everything)
- Sea salt
- Dried basil seasoning
- 1 lemon
- I also added some ‘avocado toast seasoning’ because it s delicious
- A bowl, I’ll explain later why that’s important
- for your hands for mixing (jk please use a spoon)
How to Make Florence-Inspired Pasta Salad
- Boil pasta in a large pot until “al dente.”
- Drain and put into bowl. See I told you the bowl would come in handy.
- Drizzle with olive oil until desired….oiliness?
- Add all other ingredients and mix.
- Right before serving, squeeze fresh lemon juice into mixture and serve.
Kacey’s Swiss Cheese Beer Bread
- 4 oz shredded swiss cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 oz beer (I use light beer like a Coors or Bud Light, non-alcoholic is also fine)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
How to Make Swiss Cheese Beer Bread
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine dry ingredients, minus the cheese.
- Add beer and mix until dough becomes just moistened.
- Fold in shredded cheese.
- Transfer to the greased loaf pan (8×14) and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. ‘normally closer to 60 minutes because the bread is thick! —wain
Kacey’s Spinach Dip
- 1/2-1 bag of baby spinach (frozen spinach also works)
- 3 cups of sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 cup of mayo
- 1 pack Knorr vegetable recipe mix
- 1 can water chestnuts. drained and chopped
- 3 green onions (optional)
How to Make Spinach Dip
- Chop spinach, green onions and water chestnuts.
- Combine mayo. yogurt (or sour cream) and veggie mix.
- Add in the rest of your chopped veggies.
- Let dip sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving. ‘Best served with beer bread!
- 1 lb ground beef
- Can of Rotel (I like to use the chipotle ones)
- Can of Pace salsa (I use medium, but I like a little extra spice)
- Half a block of Velveeta cheese
- Sliced jalapenos (optional)
How to Make Queso
- Brown hamburger until cooked, drain excess fat.
- Simply add in salsa. cheese, and rote! (undrained) and mix.
- Add in jalapenos if you’re looking for a little extra kick!
- Serve with chips. ‘This recipe is perfect for the crackpot but can also be done on the stovetop
Paul’s Smoked Tater Tot Hotdish
- Can of cream of mushroom soup
- Can of cream of celery soup
- French cut green beans
- Can of creamed com (most people use non-cream corn)
- Shredded cheese
Pick the seasonings you like, however, I generally use:
- Grub Rub
- Tony Chachere’s (Creole) – Spice and Herbs
How to Make Smoked Tater Tot Hotdish
- Mix all that together and pour into a pan.
- Then, add tater tots and some blended cheese to the top. Don’t be lazy—fill the top with tater tots and line them up!
- Use a smoking tube and put it on your smoker. Smoke at like 225°F for 2 hours then lire It up to 300°F for 20 minutes or so to get it hot and ready to eat!
Geneva’s Coconut Whipped Cream Apple Snicker Salad
- 6-7 large Granny Smith apples
- 7-8 Snickers bars (or 1 10.59-ounce bag of the fun-size bars)
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cans of coconut cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- 1 small box of vanilla instant pudding
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream Apple Snicker Salad
*prep the night before by putting your cans of coconut milk and cream in the refrigerator
- Add all cans of cream to a mixing bowl, mix with a hand mixer for a few minutes. NOTE: coconut milk fat and coconut cream fat will separate from liquid In can, scoop fats into bowl and leave out liquid, ‘pro-tip: save that liquid and use it in dairy-free cooking and baking recipes and smoothies!
- Add a few pinches of powdered sugar and ▪ continue mixing until stiff peaks form. You may need to add a few more pinches of powdered sugar during this process.
- Add a dash of vanilla extract and mix. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add packaging of instant vanilla pudding, 3/4 cup coconut milk and mix.
- A few spoonfuls at a time, fold in coconut whipped cream to instant pudding.
- Dice apples and add to whipped cream/ pudding mixture.
- Dice snickers and add to whipped cream/ pudding mixture.
Optional topping: drizzle with caramel if you’re a sweet tooth.
NOTE: You can probably make your whipped cream with 4 cans of full-fat coconut milk OR 4 cans of coconut cream. It was my first time making this whipped cream from scratch so I tried both. You have to use full-fat, or it won’t whip. Try it my way, or your way, either way—try it!